From taking responsibility to taking a stand
Consumers expect companies to take clear stands on social and environmental issues. Purpose-driven employees and entrepreneurs are driving change from within the company by aligning sustainability efforts with business objectives. Entrepreneurs are taking a new approach to activism by using their business as a vehicle for social change.
What are the faces of corporate social activism? Why should companies go beyond being responsible to taking a stand? (How) can companies embrace this trend as an opportunity to take their responsibility and sustainability efforts to the next level and drive social change? And is there a limit as to how far a company can go?
These are all questions we will be exploring at our Spring miniconference in The Social Business Club on 8 May in Copenhagen.
Join our Spring miniconference to get how-to insights and inspiration from:
- The international social business expert who provides an overview of global trends and cases on corporate social activism (Tania Ellis, Special Advisor & Founder, The Social Business Company)
- The retail giant that applies choice editing and controversial communication to inform and engage its consumers in sustainable consumption (Thomas Roland, CSR Manager, COOP Danmark)
- The low-cost telecommunications company that initiated a national social movement by changing the company from within (Hanne Lindblad, former CEO and Anja Enggaard former Marketing Manager, Call me)
- The world’s first ethical prison labour company that uses its business to take a stand on poverty and women’s rights (Veronica D’Souza, CEO & Founder, CARCEL)
Throughout the program we will discuss, network and exchange experience and thoughts on why, if and how companies can become activists for social change.
See the full miniconference program here
The miniconference is for you, if you want:
- Insights into corporate social activism
- Ideas for how to take stands & actions in your own business
- Inspiration for your work with responsibility & sustainability
- To network with other like-minded professionals
Reserve your seat here
Time: Tuesday 8 May 2018, 08.30 – 12.30
Place: La Oficina, Suomisvej 4, 1927 Frederiksberg C
Entry fee (excl. VAT):
- Non-members: 950 kr.
- CSR Forum members (sign up as Club Member) 650 kr.
- Start-ups & Students: 250 kr.
Written by Tania Elllis Founder of The Social Business Club